About 'International Superblogs!'

I am currently able to translate from: Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and a little of Korean and Spanish. The translations are in no way perfect, as I am still learning, but if you do notice any mistakes, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the translations!

Friday 30 July 2010

Twilight: What I Think Of It All


Yeah yeah, I could have used a picture of the whole cast... but why would I do that? We all know everyone prefers Mr. E Cullen most.... and I didn't have any decent pictures of Jacob...

Anywho, I'm going to review the Twilight Saga as a whole... starting with the books. I first read the book 'Twilight' back in 2006, possibly a year after it had been released, and I loved the way it was written, and how intensely Stephenie Meyer intergrated herself into the character that is Bella Swan. I forgot all about the series until.... yes, you got it... the big hype hit the big screens in November 2008. Well, to begin with, I avoided the Twilight hype like the plague. It had totally annoyed me, due to the fact, up until Twilight.... EVERYONE had hated vampire novels... myself? I'd adored them from the young age of about 7, which was about the time I read myself Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'. Since then, I've enjoyed The Vampire Diaries, Interview with the Vampire, The Undead Series, True Blood and many many more.

The only reason I gave in into watching the 'Twilight' movie, in truth was because my friend told me that Robert Pattinson (who'd had had an eye for in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) was to play Edward Cullen. I watched it with her and another friend, and after I watched it, I was once again hooked. But I'm not a fanatic to the scary realms like some fans I could mention. If I were to see Robert Pattinson in the street, I'd leave him be... for a start, he's got a desensitised view on Kristen Stewart and her "sunny" personality... and also... the poor guy needs a break!!

After enjoying the film, I went on a shopping trip to Liverpool, and I purchased myself the first two books of the saga, I re-read 'Twilight' and instantly remembered why the story was so familiar! So once I'd finished I instantly began 'New Moon'... by this time I'd been only 2 days... so I borrowed the following two books 'Eclipse' and 'Breaking Dawn' from a good friend at college... I was taken aback.

The books go into such detail, portray such a strong love between the characters, and show the sexual tension between teenagers. Hey, we've all been there... but what shocked me... despite her creative depth... Bella... is such an utterly boring character. Despite her wonderful vocabulary and her lust for Cullen... Bella has no depth other than her one-track mind. You can disagree with me... but Bella seems to be a rather boring, sullen person... and it rubs off on Edward's movie personality...

The movie portrayals of Bella and Edward are good... but for Bella... there could have been better. Kristen Stewart is the most stroppiest, boring, lacking in personality woman I have ever met. I have yet to see her smile or portray any sort of emotion aside from immense pain... she does this portrayal wonderfully, as shown in the scene where James attacks her in the ballet studio in 'Twilight'.

Then I come to the other actors... Alice was picked wonderfully, her high pitched voice, her slim dainty figure... Edward, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and Jacob, Esme, Carlisle, Billy and Charlie... all picked well.

I could go into a big full review of everything, but I'm going to put it simply. I love the Twilight series. The difference of their vampires, the film portrayal, the focus on love, and not on vampires, all in all, a wonderful idea... if only the film directors would stick the books... it does anger the novel lovers.. I found myself pointing out countless mistakes the films made.... and it really riled me. If they were minor but correct I wouldn't mind... but these are even timed mistakes!!

If you like books about vampires, vampire and human love, love or strangely centurific boyfriends... then Twilight is the book for you... if you despise souless acting... ignore Kristen Stewart's performance... you will be disappointed... although they made her look attractive in Twilight.... she doesn't take advantage of it outside of the movies...

Emily Russell

--------------------------------------------

These are the views of the author and are not meant to offend or upset the intended audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment